- Gelum Resources Ltd. is targeting high-grade, orogenic gold-sulphide vein systems and/or breccias located along regional faults.
- The most recent drill programme, from 2011, was the most successful, in that every hole hit multiple >1 g/t Au intersections, despite not targeting high-grade gold mineralized structures at surface: a more focused approach is clearly expected to yield better results.
- The Company has identified five high-priority geochemical targets and has recently completed a geophysical survey (VTEM) in May 2022.
- A Notice of Work has been filed with the B.C. government for a 3,000m drilling campaign planned for late summer of 2022.
- Management is proud to have developed an excellent working relationship with the Bridge River Indian Band (Xwísten), including an exploration agreement that covers the Multi-Year Area Based work permit (MYAB), which has been filed under the Company’s profile in SEDAR.
- The Xwísten agreement will allow full access to the Company’s tenures until a NI 43-101 Feasibility Report is produced.
- The shortest route is Vancouver – Pemberton then via the Hurley FSR to Gold Bridge, then north along Tyaughton Creek FSR (5-hour drive).
- Also accessible by 90% paved roads via Highway 99 and 40 through Lillooet (6.5 hours).
- Accommodation is at Gold Bridge (25kms) and Tyaughton Lake lodge (10kms).
Recent Accomplishments and Upcoming Work
- In August and September of 2021, a crew of four people spent 8 days collecting soil and rock samples in two recently defined High Priority target areas.
- The short programme successfully extended two of the historical soil anomalies by 500m along strike; the detailed outcrop sampling helped with understanding the relationship between alteration and gold mineralization.
- Further airborne geophysics (890 line-kilometres of VTEM - Aeromagnetics) was recently completed, the results of which will help with determining the depth potential of the geochemical anomalies that form the current drill targets.
- A Notice of Work for 3000 metres of drilling has been filed with authorities and, following approval, drilling is planned for the late summer of 2022, contingent on granting of the drill permit.
- As of May 24th, 2022 the Company has consolidated its exploration portfolio by entering into an agreement under which Gelum may earn a 100% interest in the Robson claim (305 hectares), which is within the Eldorado Gold Property (now totalling 9,028 hectares) currently under option.